Sunday, May 8, 2016

I am a girl....

I am a girl.

I am a girl who isn't afraid to speak her mind.
And isn't afraid of how people will respond.
I am a girl with a support system.
That will never leave me hanging.
I am a girl with a beautiful smile.
Even through the tears and grief.
I am a girl with curves.
That I rock every day and love very much.
I am a girl who will go a day without makeup.
Even though some people will ask me if I am sick,
I am a girl who doesn't always eat very healthy.
Because I am picky.
I am a girl who isn't willing to change for people.
I am who I am and if you don't like that then that is your problem.
I am a girl who is self conscious.
Because of my curves.
I am a girl who was home schooled and went back to public school.
And was bullied because of it.
I am a girl who is honest.
Because I hate being lied to.
I am a girl who is always a teachers pet.
Because I am mature.
I am a girl who will cuss.

I am a girl with blue eyes.
 That sparkle in the sunlight.
I am a girl who rarely cries.
Only when I have been strong for too long.
I am a girl who is depressed.
Because I don't process things well.
I am a girl that has anxiety.
Because decisions are hard.
I am a girl with a wonderful family.

I am a girl who has been through a divorce.
Harder than hell but I made it.
I am a girl with an obsession with minions and elephants.
Because they are awesome.
I am a girl who has trust issues.
I trust too much.
I am a girl that is a fifth year senior. 
Because I was home-schooled.
I am a girl who didn't have her first kiss until the day before her eighteenth birthday. 

I am a girl who won't try on clothes at the store.
Because I am afraid of what people will say,
I am a girl who will compliment other people.
Because I know that when people compliment me it makes my day.
I am a girl who posts a lot of selfies.
Because sometimes, I don't feel pretty, and when I do I want everyone to see.
I am a girl who blogs.

I am a girl who loves those who aren't.
Not because I know how it feels but because I know how great it feels to be loved.
I am a girl who dances like no ones watching.
Because it makes me happy.
I am a girl that is shy.
Because new people scare me.
I am a girl that is strong.
It took a lot to get here but I am here now.
I AM A GIRL.
Don't judge me by: what I wear.

Or by what I listen to.

What size clothes I wear or don't wear.

By how I do my hair,

Or how I act in public.

The music I like,

What I have or haven't done in my life.

Or by what people have told you.

On if I have a boyfriend.

Or if I have a child.

Or whether I choose to have sex before marriage or to wait,

By the food I eat and the amount that I consume.

Or if I have a job or not.

The kind of car I drive.

I am a girl.
A girl just trying to discover who she is.
A girl who doesn't want other people to define her.
A girl who doesn't want to have to worry about what people say about her.
A girl who doesn't want to be judged.
I AM A GIRL.

No comments:

Post a Comment